The attention of the Kwara state House of Assembly has been called to misconceptions trailing the approval of Consolidated Revenue Rates and Codes for Fiscal Transparency and Accountability and the Consolidated Revenue Codes and Rates Bill, 2020 and we wish to state as follows;
1. That the Consolidated Revenue Codes and Rates Bill, 2020 was an Executive Bill presented at the floor of the House on September 24th, 2020 plenary.
2. The Revenue Codes and Rates Regulations for the purpose of accessing $2million disbursement under the States Fiscal Transparency, Accountability and Sustainability (SFTAS) World Bank Program for Results (P & R) was sent to the Honorable House by the Executive Governor of Kwara state – AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on September 28th, 2020, and consequently approved on September 29th, 2020.
3. The documents being circulated on the social media is “NOT A BILL”, but the Revenue Codes and Rates Regulations for the purpose of Fiscal Transparency and Accountability (SFTAS) with specific reference to.the Kwara state Revenue Administration Law, 2015, dated September 28th, 2020, signed and sent by the His Excellency for legislative approval. It is important to state that the document is just a “REQUEST APPROVAL” which does not require Governor’s assent.
4. The Consolidated Revenue Codes and Rates Bill, 2020 only passed 1st and 2nd readings as at September 29th, 2020 and the public hearing holds October 12th, 2020.
5. The general public is urged to disregard misinformations aimed at causing public misconception and be assured that the 9th Kwara state House of Assembly, under the leadership of Rt. Hon. Yakubu Danladi Salihu will continue to be guided by public interest and adhere strictly to best legislative practices.
Ibrahim Sheriff .A.
S. A., Media to the Hon. Speaker, Kwara state House of Assembly